Monday, August 16, 2021

Buying a Laptop in 2021

 My notes related to buying a new Laptop in 2021 ( work in progress)


Was surprised to see how much the laptop  environment changed in 4-5 years , so much so that now trying to find a good laptop fitting my needs has become a major task in itself 


Below are some notes / scribbles related to my quest to identify a good laptop fitting my needs


My Requirements

> Hybrid storage around 2 TB ( Hybrid because if my C drive crashes my data would be safe)

> min 3 USB ports, HDMI, Prefered (Ethernet slot, card reader)

> Audio jack

> Screen 15.6

> good battery life.

> processor better than my current i7 (7gen)

> Ryzen 7 & above

> CPU 4 core and above 


Purpose : 

> MS Office, Outlook & Visio extensively ,

> Am on Internet most of the day ,

> watch lot of Youtube, Primevideo , Netflix

> HD Movies from files stored on drive.

> Use Camtasia recorder quite often

> Lightroom after every trip ( occasionally)



Guide to Buying a Laptop in 2021 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kb5e1iYYhSU


Notes

CPU core

Systems I am looking at

Lenovo IdeaPad 5
Dell XPS 15

Budget Option:
HP Pavilion 15




No comments:

Post a Comment